The Michigan Online Lottery allows residents 18 or older to play draw games, keno and instant win games from anywhere within state lines at MichiganLottery.com or through the official mobile app for iOS/Android devices.
Players must be residents of Michigan, at least 18 years of age and pass an identity verification check in order to play online. Once verified, Michigan Online Lottery customers may:
- Purchase tickets to drawings
- Play keno
- Play instant win scratch-off games
Additionally, an account with the Michigan Lottery allows customers to view current jackpots, find nearby lottery retailers, scan tickets for winners and more.
MichiganLottery.com and its associated mobile apps are run by the state lottery and are authorized by law to sell lottery products online. Customers who play through the official website or mobile apps pay the same ticket prices and have the same chances of winning as customers who purchase tickets in person at retailers.
About 62% of lottery sales are returned to players as prizes and about 27% goes to support K-12 education and local businesses that employ Michiganders. On average, the MI Lottery provides more than $1 billion per year to public education.
MI Lottery Bonuses and Promotions
The Michigan Online Lottery offers a welcome bonus for new players along with a regular variety of promotions for existing customers.
With numerous forms of online gambling now legal in Michigan and competing for entertainment dollars, the state lottery is incentivized to keep the promotions running strong for new and existing customers alike.
New Customer Deposit Bonus: 50% up to $100 Plus 10 Free Instant Win Games
New MI Lottery customers who sign up for an account and make a first deposit receive an extra 50% in bonus funds (up to $100) and tickets to play 10 free instant win games.
For example, customers who sign up for an account and make a first deposit of $100 receive an extra $50 in site credit while those who make a first deposit of $20 receive an extra $10. New players can earn up to $100 with the MI Lottery bonus.
Additionally, all new customers receive free entries to play a select instant win game for a chance to win real prizes.
The bonus money is awarded as site credit only, meaning it cannot be withdrawn. However, any prizes won with tickets purchased using the bonus may be withdrawn as normal.
Use the promo code BETUSA to claim this offer.
Important: New customers must use the bonus code BETUSA to receive this bonus code. The Michigan Lottery only issues this bonus to customers who input the promo code BETUSA.
Daily Spin to Win
The Daily Spin to Win promotion gives all customers a chance to win online free play credits, in-store credits and entries to the monthly $5,000 giveaway. Anyone with a Michigan Online Lottery account may login once a day to spin the wheel for a chance to win.
It costs nothing to play each day and players need only have a MI Lottery account to participate. Potential prizes include:
- Entries: Players can earn up to 1,000 entries into the monthly Let’s Play Giveaway contest, which awards $5,000 to a customer picked at random each month.
- In-Store Credit: Customers who win in-store credit are given a link to a coupon that can be redeemed at any Michigan Lottery retailer for free play.
- Online Free Play: Winners’ accounts are automatically credited with site credit that can be used to play lottery games online.
Let’s Play Giveaway
The Let’s Play Giveaway Contest awards one lucky player $5,000 in cash and 50 players $100 in-store free play coupons each month. Players can earn entries to the Let’s Play Giveaway drawing each month by playing select games online or using the mobile app to scan select in-store games.
Players can see which games are eligible each month by logging in and visiting the promotions tab. Winners of the $5,000 drawing are notified by phone and e-mail while winners of the in-store fee play coupon are awarded by e-mail.
How to Buy MI Lottery Tickets Online
Michigan residents who are 18 or older may buy MI Lottery tickets online from anywhere within state lines.
Lottery players can get started by visiting MichiganLottery.com to sign up for an account through the website or to find download links to the official mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
Michigan law also requires the lottery to verify the age and identity of each customer. Players are asked to submit the last four digits of their SSNs and may need to take a picture of a government issued ID or provide other documentation. Prizes in excess of $50,000 must also be claimed in-person in order to verify the identities of winners.
After registering, customers may upload funds via credit card, debit card, PayPal, ACH bank transfer or an online game card purchased at a lottery retailer.
Once customers have funded and verified their accounts, they need only log in at MichiganLottery.com or launch the mobile app to browse the instant win games, draw games and keno options.
Online Draw Games Availability
The Michigan Online Lottery sells entries to five draw games currently. Some of the smaller daily drawings that are available for purchase in-store cannot be found online, but online sales cover the state’s biggest games.
Ticket prices are exactly the same when purchased online as they are in the real world; Michigan Online Lottery does not charge a premium for tickets purchased through the website or mobile app.
- Fantasy 5: Fantasy 5 is drawn daily at 7:29 PM with a starting jackpot of $100,000. Ticket cost $1 each and customers select five numbers from 1-39. Prizes range from $1 to the $100,000+ jackpot based on the number of matches. Customers may enter up to 60 drawings in advance online.
- Lotto 47: Lotto 47 is drawn on Wednesdays and Sundays at 7:29 PM and comes with a starting jackpot of $1 million. Players pick six numbers from 1-47 and to win anywhere from $2 to the $1 million+ jackpot. Players may enter up to 60 drawings in advance. Tickets are $1 each.
- Lucky For Life: Lucky For Life is a multi-state lottery game in which players can win a top prize of $1,000 a day for life, a second prize of $25,000 a year for life and on down from there to a flat $4 prize. Tickets cost $2.00 each and drawings are held on Mondays and Thursdays at 10:35 PM.
- Michigan Mega Millions: Mega Millions, producer of some of the largest jackpots in the world, is available through the Michigan Online Lottery. Tickets cost $2 and top jackpots extend well into the hundreds of millions of dollars, and occasionally into billion-dollar territory.
- Michigan Powerball: Powerball is Mega Millions’ biggest competitor and also lays claim to record jackpots that have topped $1 billion at times. Tickets are $2 each.
Instant Win Games
Online instant win games purchased through the Michigan Lottery largely resemble scratch-off games purchased in-store but with animated graphics and more playing options. Players pick a game, reveal the hidden prizes and win prizes according to the rules.
The Michigan Online Lottery offers dozens of instant win games, each with a unique theme and different playing rules. Ticket prices can be adjusted on many games, which in turn impacts the prize structure. For example, customers can choose to play one instant win game for $0.50 to win up to $5,000 or bump up the price on that same game to $5 for a chance to win up to $50,000.
Depending on the game, tickets can be purchased for as little as $0.10 per play to as high as $20 per play. Top prizes range from $5,000 at the low end to $250,000 at the high end.
Online Keno Games
The Michigan Lottery provides a collection of four online keno games that customers can play for anywhere from $0.10 per round to $20 per round. Top prizes max out at $500,000, giving players a chance to win significant prizes even while playing online.
The online keno games all work in the same basic manner, but each offers different features that provide a unique experience for each game. In all games, players can play up to 10 keno games at once and select anywhere from one to ten numbers ranging from 1-80. The keno game then selects numbers at random and players win prizes according to the number of matches.
- Bullseye Keno: Play up to 10 games at a time for $0.10 to $4.00 each. Each round begins with the number launcher selecting a random multiplier that multiplies all winnings by up to 25x. Bullseye Keno features a top prize of $500,000.
- Instant Keno Multiplier: Play up to 10 games at a time for $0.25 to $20 each. After players pick their numbers, three stars will land on numbers that were not selected. If two stars are matched during the game, all prizes are multiplied 3x. If three stars are matched, prizes are multiplied 10x. The top prize in Instant Keno Multiplier is $500,000.
- Fuzzball Keno: Fuzzball Keno can be played for $0.10 to $20 per game. Players select up to ten numbers from 1-80 and then 20 fuzzballs are launched at the board. Prizes top out at $200,000.
- Instant Keno: This is the simplest keno game and can be played for $0.10 to $20 per game. The top prize in Instant Keno is $200,000.
Michigan Lottery Mobile Apps
The Michigan Lottery offers native mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. In both instances, the app offers a range of functionality that includes online ticket purchases, instant win games, keno, ticket scanning, jackpot trackers and directions to the nearest authorized retailer.
iPhone users can get the Michigan Lottery app on the App Store, but Android users must visit MichiganLottery.com to download the app directly because the Google Play Store does not list apps that support lottery purchases.
Lottery players may download and use the app without signing up for an account to view basic lottery information but will need to register in order to buy tickets, participate in giveaways and unlock full functionality.
The Michigan Lottery app overall is easy to use with intuitive navigation and quick links to jump to the ticket scanning feature, online games and account management. Most games on the app are well-optimized for mobile devices, although a handful of games may have players squinting to see the menu options and icons.
How to Deposit and Receive Winnings
Players who have signed up for an account and verified their identities may deposit via credit card, debit card, PayPal, ACH bank transfer and online game cards that can be purchased with cash at retail locations.
For credit and debit card deposits, the Michigan Online Lottery accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover branded cards.
Winnings are paid through various means depending on the amount won. Prizes under $600 are automatically transferred to the player’s account and can be withdrawn electronically or claimed in person (see chart below).
Prizes greater than $600 and up to $50,000 may also be withdrawn online, but players are required to submit an online claim form first for identity verification. After the claim form has been submitted and approved, players are free to withdraw their winnings. The Michigan Lottery website and app provide simple instructions for submitting claim forms.
Prizes greater than $50,000 require players to submit an online claim form and visit the MI Lottery headquarters in Lansing to claim their prizes.
Prizes under $50,000 can be withdrawn online through the following methods.
|Method||Time Frame||Minimum Withdrawal||Maximum Withdrawal|
|ACH Bank Transfer||3-5 business days||$10||$50,000|
|PayPal||1 business day||$10||$50,000|
|Withdraw to Visa Debit Card||1 business day||$10||$2,000 per request, $10,000 per day and $20,000 per week|
|Withdraw at Retail Location**||Immediate||$10||$200 per request, $2,000 per day|
*Contact MI Lottery support at 1-844-887-6836 to request a check
**Request a voucher online, bring it to nearest lottery retailer to cash out
The Michigan Lottery website and mobile apps support responsible gambling through deposit limits and self-exclusion options that are easy to manage.
Users may set deposit limits or self-exclude by logging in, visiting the “my account” area and then scrolling down to the responsible gambling area. There, users may set custom deposit limits for predetermined time lengths (such as a weekly deposit limit) or self-exclude entirely for one week to two years.
Michigan Lottery FAQs
What is the minimum age to play the Michigan lottery?
Michigan lottery law establishes a minimum age of 18 to buy tickets in-person and online.
Is the online lottery safe?
Yes. The Michigan Online Lottery is run by the Bureau of State Lottery and is authorized by law to offer games online.
How are my online winnings paid?
Winnings up to and including $50,000 are paid to players via direct bank transfer, Visa debit or check. Players may also claim smaller prizes at authorized retailers. Prizes in excess of $50,000 require a visit to the lottery headquarters in downtown Lansing, Michigan.
Does the Michigan lottery charge a premium on tickets purchased online?
No. Ticket prices are the same whether purchased online or in-person at an authorized retailer.
Do I have to be a state resident to play online?
Yes. Customers must be residents of Michigan and physically present within state lines to play online.
What information is needed to sign up for an account?
The Michigan Lottery asks each player to provide his or her: first name, last name, e-mail address, street address, last four digits of their SSN and mobile number.